Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Election Day! #FITN Primary!

Road to the White House: Day 9
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Merrimack/Nashua/Concord, NH


Knowing the rough day we had yesterday, we had a slow morning and went to Dunkin with Dr. JSM where her and I split a donut and I got an iced coffee even though it was snowing outside.

We went to the Nashua field office where we were driven to different polling locations to do visibility for Amy. I was the only one doing vis at this location and it was raining outside so a lot of voters were giving me props for being out in this weather!


We went back to the field office to warm up a bit, and were treated by Alice to a delicious lunch. Jazzy and I went back out (to the same poll this time) and got to do visibility together!


We were then picked up by another wonderful volunteer who drove us to Concord for the campaign party. Dr. JSM was on her way to join us, so we were really excited! They had fancy finger foods including brie and a charcuterie board so I was in heaven. Little did I know we would end up on the stage with Amy as she was giving her victory speech, coming in 3rd place in New Hampshire! I could be seen on tv! I was the first person Amy hugged when she walked on stage to speak. Such a whirlwind of a moment.



We took some selfies with Sondra, who was in charge of us the whole trip, and Karen, who we made the Win Big letters with!


Such a crazy night and a victory for Amy and she comes in third behind Bernie and Mayor Pete!

They also Brought us back to the boiler room with the rest of the campaign staff, where Amy came in, celebrated anyone, took time to thank every single person in the room (including Jazzy and I!) and made the whole room fill up with laughter and excitement. We discussed the boiler room in class -- to actually be brought in to see it all in action was such a cool experience.

A victory for Amy. We played a small part of that. Wow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment